Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Concert Review: Yo-Yo Ma & The Silk Road Ensemble - Mann Music Center 8/11/10



Yo-Yo Ma's reputation obviously precedes him, otherwise I went into this show not knowing much about the musicians who were performing.  It was refreshing to go in without any expectations and hear their music for the first time.  The song selection drew from several different time periods and regions of the world.  I'm not up to speed on my classical music but I was blown away by the arrangements and talent of the musicians.  Atmosphere can add a lot to the musical experience and lying on the lawn of the Mann looking up at the stars while hearing Yo-Yo Ma & The Silk Road Ensemble play was a perfect example of that.  I haven't felt that peaceful in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment