Monday, August 2, 2010

Concert Review: The Black Keys - River Stage, Philadelphia 7/30/10

This is my The Black Keys concert review.  Do your eardrums a solid and go see these guys ASAP.  If you go, the first thing you'll learn is that the group hails from Akron, Ohio.  The next thing you'll learn is that TBK write some of the most gritty and soulful blues/rock you will ever hear.  I had high expectations for the show and TBK didn't disappoint, ripping through classics and debuting songs off their new album "Brothers".  With 6 full length albums under their belt, Dan Auerbach (vocals, guitar) and Patrick Carney (drums) have managed to take their distinctive sound and continue to build upon it with each successive release.   

Setlist:
Thickfreakness
Girl Is On My Mind
10 AM Automatic
Breaks
Stack Shot Billy
Busted
Everywhere I Go
Strange Times
Same Old Thing
Everlasting Light
Next Girl
Chop And Change
Howlin For You
Tighten Up
She's Long Gone
Ten Cent Pistol
Your Touch
No Trust
I Got Mine
---encore---
Too Afraid To Love You
Sinister Kid
Till I Get My Way

No comments:

Post a Comment