Friday, December 17, 2010

Top Ten Songs of 2010 - Part 2

Here they are. The ones that got my toe tapping; that I couldn't get out of my head; that made it onto all my playlists; that got cranked up in the car. My favorite songs from the year that was.....2010.

5. "In The Sun" by She & Him –
This song reminds me of Summer so I've been listening to it a lot lately with these freezing temperatures

4. "Giving Up The Gun" by Vampire Weekend

3. "Home" by LCD Soundsystem -
Clocking in at 7 minutes and 52 seconds it's epic but still manages not to seem drawn out at the same time.

2. "Everlasting Light" by The Black Keys -
As the opening track on the album 'Brothers', the crunching guitar riff and Dan Auerbach's falsetto pulsate through your body as you try to wrap your head around what you're hearing.  "I'm a Shepard for you, and I'll guide you through.  Let me be, your everlasting light".

1. "On Melancholy Hill" by Gorillaz -
I'm not a huge fan of Gorillaz but this song had me hook line and sinker the first time I heard it.  The melody, vocals, and lyrics are so eerily beautiful.  "Cause you are my medicine when you're close to me".

Top 10 Songs of 2010 - Part 2 by Ledjam311

Here's the video for "On Melancholy Hill":

No comments:

Post a Comment