Monday, December 27, 2010

Concert Review: Freelance Whales - Johnny Brendas, Philadelphia 12/14/10

When I saw Freelance Whales last February at Johnny Brendas they were 3rd on the bill.  Less then a year later they headlined a sold out show at the same venue.  The band definitely seemed tighter this time around with a year of touring under their belts.  They treated the crowd to songs from their debut album 'Weathervanes' along with 3 new tunes including the song 'Enzymes' which I posted about a few weeks ago.  My only complaint was the lack of banjo inclusion.  It was featured much more predominantly at last February's show, this time being replaced by electric & acoustic guitar on several songs.  I'm sure they had their reasons for it but I preferred the banjos sound and the uniqueness it lent to the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment