Saturday, June 25, 2011

New to Me: Turntable.fm

I read an interesting article on CNN this morning titled "Turntable.fm:  The cool kids' Pandora".  The article states that what makes Turntable.fm different from other online music streaming sites is that "instead of computers, real people pick the songs, in real time.  The site turns this process into a concert-like game."  Visitors to the site can choose to be part of the audience or to be one of the DJs choosing what songs are played.  Although I like the concept of people being able to share and discover music with each other online, the idea of being part of an 'online audience' in real time via an avatar doesn't appeal to me.  We spend enough time sitting in front of computers as it is, is there really a need for a virtual version of a concert or DJ show?  Sorry, but I think I'll stick to the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment