Saturday, June 25, 2011

New Music & Videos: Wilco "I Might", The Black Keys cover Buddy Holly, Eddie Vedder on Letterman

  • Wilco "I Might" -  Just saw this posted on Stereogum this morning.  "I Might" is our first glimpse into the next Wilco album due out in September.  Follow the link below to give it a listen:
  • 'Rave On Buddy Holly' is a tribute album featuring the likes of My Morning Jacket, Modest Mouse, She & Him, Paul McCartney, & more.  Songs on tribute albums can be very hit or miss in my experience, but one song on 'Rave On' that hits the nail on the head is "Dearest" by The Black Keys.  They keep it short, simple, and sweet.  Check out "Dearest" below or go to NPR's First Listen to hear the entire album.
  • Earlier this week Eddie Vedder performed "Without You", a track off his new album 'Ukulele Songs', on Letterman.  Note Ed's tribute to the late Clarence Clemens written on the body of his Uke.

No comments:

Post a Comment