Monday, February 28, 2011

One Year Later..........

Over the weekend I realized that it's been a year since I created Bang! Bang! Goes The Night.  My first post was on February 17, 2010 about a show I saw at the Khyber featuring Alberta Cross.  Numerous concerts, new albums, new artists, and 91 posts later, here we are...

I created this blog for several reasons.  The main one being to share my love for music with friends and anyone else who stumbles onto the site.  Discovering a new artist or finding a great bootleg really excites me and this has served as a great way to express that.  Another reason was simply to chronicle my musical endeavors throughout the year.  I still have the ticket stub from when I saw Billy Joel in 1998 but I don't have information on the setlist, opening bands, etc.  My hope is that this blog will help me recall those experiences more vividly as I look back years from now. 

Finally I'd like to thank anyone who is reading this or has visited the site over the past year.  I hope that you've gotten some enjoyment or taken away something positive from this site.  I was pretty much flying blind when it came to creating/maintaining a blog when I started.  As my understanding of blogging and time permits I'll continue to make improvements and keep things fresh.  If you ever have the desire to make a suggestion about the blog or an artist I'm missing out on or anything, feel free to shoot me an email (mmmboboh@aol.com). 

It seemed appropriate to end this post with something related to the site's creation.  If I didn't tell you personally or if you didn't figure it out on your own, the blog's title "Bang! Bang! Goes The Night" comes from a line in the My Morning Jacket song 'Mahgeetah'.  Here's a recording of that song from MMJ's show at Red Rocks in 2008.
 My Morning Jacket - Mahgeetah - Live At Red Rocks 2008 by Ledjam311

No comments:

Post a Comment