Saturday, February 19, 2011

Boot: Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Philadelphia - 6/30/87

I stumbled across this show and decided to download it simply because it was recorded in Philly.  What I discovered was a true gem of a bootleg.  It turns out that this is one of the most popular and coveted SRV shows for his fans.  The feed is from a broadcast by local radio station WMMR and the sound quality is near perfect. 

Stevie had been sober for just about a year at the time of this performance and as noted by the station announcers during the encore break, he'd never sounded better.  During 'Life Without You' SRV addresses the audience telling them "Right now the most important thing in my life is to make sure you understand that first of all I thank God that I'm alive today...and I mean that".  Hearing him talk like that gave me chills knowing that just a few years later his life would tragically end.  Why this hasn't been officially released is beyond me, so get it here for free while you can.  Enjoy.
 Stevie Ray Vaughan - Cold Shot - Philadelphia 1987 by Ledjam311
Setlist:
1 - Scuttle Buttin'
2 - Say What!
3 - Lookin' Out The Window
4 - Look At Little Sister
5 - Mary Had A Little Lamb
6 - Ain't Gonna Give Up On Love
7 - Superstition
8 - Willie The Wimp
9 - Cold Shot
10 - Couldn't Stand The Weather
11 - Life Without You
12 - Come On (Part III)
13 - Love Struck Baby
14 - Rude Mood
Download: SRV - Philadelphia 1987

No comments:

Post a Comment