Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Concert Review: Tokyo Police Club & Two Door Cinema Club - Trocadero, Philadelphia 1/22/11

The only other show I've seen at the Troc was Big Bad Voodoo Daddy back in 1998, which was before I was of age to go up in the balcony or even drive to the show!  Having seen shows at many different venues since then I'd forgotten how much I liked the Troc. 

Returning to a sold out show featuring 2 up and coming alt-indie rock bands made for a great time.  Sitting up in the balcony this time I got to watch the crowd below move in unison dancing and jumping to the up-tempo flow of the show. 

Two Door Cinema Club are from Ireland and released their debut album "Tourist History" in 2010.  I picked it up after being impressed with their performance and found myself dancing along to it upon the first listen.  Tokyo Police Club played an energetic set featuring tracks from their new album "Champ" which I've really enjoyed.  As co-headliners, both bands came out to play the encore which included a cover of The Strokes 'Last Night' which went "all the way back to 2001" according to TPC lead singer Dave Monks.  It was a great cover although the statement made me feel kind of old.

No comments:

Post a Comment