Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Concert Review: Phish - Bader Field, Atlantic City 6/16/2012


Night 2 of their weekend occupancy in Atlantic City also happened to be my first introduction to the live world of Phish.  Why it took me so long to see them I'm not sure but I've definitely been missing out.  As a casual Phish fan I was definitely in the minority in the sea of people gathered at the old airfield as AC lit up the skyline in the distance.  Even so, I enjoyed the hell out of myself.  So did the band it seemed, who sound as tight as ever and are firing on all cylinders.  The set had something for everyone: crowd favorites, covers, and cuts from deep in the Phish catalog.  Highlights for me included the opening trilogy of "Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove" and Talking Heads cover "Crosseyed and Painless".  You can check out the rest of the Setlist here at Phish.net, and get a taste of the show in the video below.




No comments:

Post a Comment