Monday, February 13, 2012

New Discovery: Faithfull Ale

Combine two things that I love (Pearl Jam & Beer) and you get Faithfull Ale by Dogfish Head Craft Brewery.  My sister picked me up a bottle of the Belgian style golden ale knowing my affection toward the band.  Dogfish Head created the brew in conjunction with the 20th anniversary of Pearl Jam's first album 'Ten'.  A quote from Dogfish Head's website states "To me 'Ten' is the perfect example of a record-lovers-record.  The whole thing rocks....As an off-centered brewery, we believe in celebrating the breadth of our whole portfolio and we feel an affinity for Pearl Jam, a long-player band in a singles-obsessed world."  This is the third music related beer that Dogfish Head have created.  Others include Bitches Brew inspired by Miles Davis and Hellhound On My Ale inspired by Robert Johnson.  Try them out if you run across them at your liquor store.  Faithfull Ale tastes delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it! I'll have to keep an eye out for Bitches Brew so I can try all of the music-related Dogfish Head beers.

    ReplyDelete