Sunday, November 6, 2011

Recent Shows: Friendly Fires & Fanfarlo

I caught a couple shows over the past two weeks that lived up to and surpassed my expectations.

  • Friendly Fires played a crowd pleasing, high intensity show at a new venue called the Union Transfer.  Touring in support of their sophomore album 'Pala' they worked the crowd and the stage with the presence and confidence of a veteran act.  Opening act Theophilus London helped start off the night working the crowd into a dancing frenzy.  Definitely the best opener I've seen in recent memory.  Union Transfer is a great concert location and I'm eager to return for another show.
  • Fanfarlo played Johnny Brenda's as part of a small tour in prep of the release of their next album due out in February.  Their set, heavy with new material, didn't disappoint.  Afterwards the only complaint I had was that I have to wait until Feburary for the new album.

No comments:

Post a Comment