Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Spectrum..........R.I.P.

Known as "America's Showplace", The Spectrum will soon meet it's end.  Demolition on the arena began yesterday, which will pave way for a retail/entertainment complex to be built on the site in the future.  There's been a lot of media coverage locally with the community recalling personal memories of the venue.  My Spectrum memories include numerous Philadelphia Phantoms games, a Bob Dylan concert, and 3 Pearl Jam concerts (including 2 of the final 4 shows held at The Spectrum).  Despite it's age and appearance, it was a great venue to see a show at and the sound was fantastic.  I also know that many artists over the years have held it in very high regard. 

On a side note:  A big F-U to the guy at the ticket entrance who put the big "X" on my Bob Dylan stub in the picture above.  Some of us keep ticket stubs as souvenirs jerk!  And yes it's 9 years later and I'm still bitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment